Climate Citizens Pledge Sustainable Action
At the heart of TEDC are our Climate Citizens: students, faculty, and staff from across The New School who are committed to using their work to advance sustainability on campus and in our extended communities. Together we are becoming a hub for innovation and action toward sustainability.Pledge to become a Climate Citizen and help The New School reduce its carbon footprint and achieve its sustainability goals by taking action. Check as many as you can commit to. Small actions lead to BIG changes.One of our favorite features is the “Your Ideas” option. Fill this in with your own ideas and sustainable actions. Here are some of the suggestions we’ve gotten so far:
- Students, staff, and faculty who live off campus should look into switching their energy provider to a renewable source [Check out these options for green power providers!]
- Teach your children about the importance of sustainability.
- Have a day when all who are able take the stairs. “TNS Step Up!”
- Car sharing: when going out with friends, try to drive as few cars as possible
- Water reuse: use the water that I rinse dishes or clothes with to flush the toilet.
- Reduce your footprint by making your own beauty products/buying all natural products.
- Use cloth rags instead of paper towels.
- If you have space, get a composting tumbler or worm bin for your apartment.
- Support local sustainable businesses.
- Start a garden!
- Buy "ugly" fruits and vegetables (they taste the same, but they often get thrown out at grocery stores.)
Be sure to take the pledge and send us your ideas - you just might inspire our next great campus sustainability campaign or event!