Public Programs Winter/Spring Internship at the Urban Green Council
Public Programs Internship: Winter/Spring 2016
Urban Green Council, the New York Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council, has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about contributing to the growing green building movement.Working directly with the Public Programs Department, a full-time Public Programs Intern will assist with administration and outreach for Urban Green’s educational events. Candidates should be able to take on multiple projects and work independently with flexibility, enthusiasm, and good humor.
- Assist in logistical planning and administrative tasks for public educational programs
- Provide on-site assistance during events (attendance at all evening and early morning events is required)
- Register programs for AIA and GBCI continuing education credit
- Process continuing education credit requests and coordinate certificate mailings
- Track program statistics and assist in attendee data entry
- Draft social media and webpage content to promote events
- Interest in and understanding of green building and environmental issues
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proactive and detail oriented with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree obtained or in progress (candidates in their last two years of study willbe considered); environmental or building-related field of study preferred
- Ability to supply your own laptop
Additional Skills (optional but preferred)
- Background in architecture, design, engineering or construction
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro and InDesign
- Familiarity with CRM Software (Salesforce preferred)
This is a full-time internship, beginning in January and lasting through April. A modest monthly stipend will be provided. All Urban Green interns are also extended complimentary invitations to Urban Green educational programs and events.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter as a single PDF titled “PublicProgramsIntern_[Name]” with “Public Programs Internship - [Name]” in the subject line to email@example.com by December 31, 2015. Please list your availability in your cover letter.